Year 4 / Blwyddyn 4 2021 - 2022
Welcome to Year 4. Croeso i Ddosbarth 4!
Miss Ellingham welcomes you to year 4’s class page. Here you will find useful information about Year Four, including our current topics and recent news. Our teaching assistant in year four is Mrs Atkins. Should you wish to discuss any aspect of your child’s development, please do not hesitate to arrange a telephone call with Miss Ellingham via the school office or contact Miss Ellingham via e-mail: EllinghamH@hwbcymru.net.
*Please keep checking the news section below for any updates*
In Year 4, your child will continue to learn the Key Stage 2 curriculum. Compulsory national curriculum subjects at primary school include English, Maths, Science, Design and Technology, History, Geography, Art and Design, Music, PE, Swimming, ICT and Welsh.
Ysgol Derwen is moving towards implementing the new curriculum, which becomes statutory in 2022. The curriculum will become more child led with children taking more responsibility for their own learning.
Autumn Term Topic in Year Four:
Terrible Tudors (History)
Autumn Term 2021/2022
- Spellings: in the files section there is the homework grid for this term and the spelling grid. Your child will receive a copy of the spelling grid with their spelling group on the top so you are aware of which ones they need to learn.
- Reading: There will also be further information regarding reading which will be uploaded shortly.
- Google classroom: this has been set up and your child will also recieve a reminder of their logon details this week.
- Homework: The homework grid has been uploaded to the files section. For the first topic lesson this term the children recorded lots of events and historical people they were interested in learning about. If they would like to research these topics for homework and share their ideas in class, this is welcomed. Please use google classroom to submit the homework.
- PE: Please be aware PE sessions will start WB 6th September. The children can come in their PE kit on a Tuesday and a Friday.
Update WB 6th September
- Times tables: all the children have now been given a times table target. This will be tested the week before the half term.
- Isolation work: Maths and Language tasks will be uploaded to Google Classroom this week. the activity grids are also in the files secion below, but further resources can be found on Google Classroom. These tasks are for your child to complete if they are absent from school due to isolation.
Files to Download
Year 4 / Blwyddyn 4: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 4 / Blwyddyn 4: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display