Year 4 / Blwyddyn 4 2023 - 2024
Welcome to Year 4. Croeso i Ddosbarth 4!
Miss Ellingham welcomes you to our Year Four’s class page. Here you will find useful information about Year Four, including our current topics and recent news. Our teaching assistant in Year Four is Mrs Atkins. Should you wish to discuss any aspect of your child’s development, please do not hesitate to arrange a telephone call with your class teacher via the school office or contact either teacher via e-mail: EllinghamH@hwbcymru.net
*Please keep checking the class stream on Google Classroom for any weekly updates*
This year Wales is following a new curriculum which is formed of the foundation phase, national curriculum, the literacy and numeracy framework.
There are six areas of learning: Expressive Arts, Health and Wellbeing, Humanities, Languages Literacy, Mathematics and Numeracy, Science and Technology.
At the start of each topic the children will be given the opportunity to discuss what they would like to learn and planning will include these ideas. There will also be an increased focus on outdoor learning.
In Year Four the first term’s topic is ‘People From the Past.’
Autumn Term 2023/2024
- Spellings: in the files section there is the homework grid for this term and the spelling grid. Your child will receive a copy of the spelling grid with their spelling group on the top so you are aware of which ones they need to learn.
- Google classroom: any weekly updates will be uploaded to the class stream.
- Homework: The homework grid will be uploaded to the files section. The children can upload their homework to Google Classroom if they wish.
- Topic: Our Autumn Term topic is 'People from the Past.'
- PE sessions - the children can come in their PE kit on a Tuesday and a Friday.
Files to Download
Year 4 / Blwyddyn 4: News items
Year 4 / Blwyddyn 4: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 4 / Blwyddyn 4: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display