Year 4 / Blwyddyn 4 2018 - 2019
Welcome to Year 4. Croeso i Ddosbarth 4!
Miss Ellingham welcomes you to year 4’s class page. Here you will find useful information about Year Four, including our topics and recent news. Our teaching assistant in year four is Mrs Reynolds. Mrs Reynolds works in year Four on a Wednesday afternoon and Friday morning. Should you wish to discuss any aspect of your child’s development, please do not hesitate to arrange a meeting with Miss Ellingham via the school office.
In Year 4, your child will continue to learn the Key Stage 2 curriculum. Compulsory national curriculum subjects at primary school include English, Maths, Science, Design and Technology, History, Geography, Art and Design, Music, PE, Swimming, ICT and Welsh.
Topics in Year Four include:
* Terrible Tudors (History)
* Location, Location, Location (Geography)
* Wild Thing / Rumble in the Jungle (Science)
Homework and Spellings
* Homework is given out on a Thursday to be returned the following Monday.
* Spelling tests are always on a Friday, unless otherwise stated in your child’s homework book.
Forest School Sessions
Year four are participating in forest school sessions this year. The first session included team games, problem solving and scavenger hunts.